Buckinghamshire Mind Shares National Mind’s vision: “We won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets both support and respect”. We deliver high quality community-based services across the county of Buckinghamshire to reach out and ensure everyone with a mental health problem gets access to the help they need.
Post Title: Senior Wellbeing Worker – Wings Day Service
Reports to: Safe Haven and Wings Team Lead
Salary: £20,799 per annum pro rata
Hours of Work: Part Time 26 hours per week (Service Open: Mon, Wed, Thurs, Friday between 10.00 – 15.00)
Place of Work: Aylesbury
The Senior Wellbeing Worker will take responsibility for the day to day running of Buckinghamshire Mind’s Wings Day Service, providing a safe, caring and motivating environment which is sensitive to our service user needs. Effective communication with other stakeholders /agencies involved in the care of our service users is vital to support continued wellbeing.
The Senior Wellbeing Worker will lead a team of Wellbeing Workers and volunteers, promoting continued development of the service, through a varied activity programme tailored to individual needs and abilities.
The Senior Wellbeing Worker will need to be enthusiastic, adaptable and creative with an ability to learn and further develop knowledge and understanding of the issues facing our service users.
• Provide leadership and vision in developing and improving the service.
• Lead by example through inspiring and motivating staff to deliver a high-quality service and further develop their skills.
• Promote excellent team working and work inclusively in planning and delivery of the service.
• Ensure data and qualitative information is collected, collated and communicated to the Team Lead.
• To act as a source of support and advice to staff on matters of safety, safeguarding and the changing needs of service users.
• In line with health & safety regulations ensure Wellbeing Workers follow safe working practices and that all health & safety checks are carried out and reported on in a timely manner.
• Pro-actively engage with Team Lead to discuss service concerns and progress.
• Attend supervision and team meetings.
• Undertake administrative duties as required
• Undertake relevant training as appropriate.
• Undertake any other duties as reasonably required to support the running of the service
• Work in line with Buckinghamshire Mind policies and guidelines and National Mind quality standards.
Post: Senior Wellbeing Worker – Wings Day Service
The person specification seeks to define a person most likely to be suited to the job of Senior Wellbeing Worker. Candidates are required to meet all the essential Conditions listed. E = essential criteria; D = desired criteria. Reference to both Conditions and Requirements in completing your application form will help in selecting candidates for interview.
• Supports the aims and work of Buckinghamshire Mind (E)
• Maintains strict confidentiality concerning all Buckinghamshire Mind matters (E)
Qualifications and experience
• Relevant experience of working with adults with mental health challenges (E)
• Has experience of the issues affecting hard to reach and excluded groups (E)
• Has experience of supervising a small team (D)
• Has willingness to undertake on the job training (E)
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Has knowledge of social and situational factors influencing people’s mental health and wellbeing (E)
• Has good IT skills (E)
• Ability to keep written records and data (E)
• Ability to think creatively and work with staff to find practical solutions to address issues as they arise (E)
• Ability to motivate and build confidence within staff team (E)
• Has excellent communication skills, especially with people who experience/have experienced or support others with mental health issues (E)
• Knowledge of statutory services e.g. health, social care (D)
• Ability to organise own workload and work without direct supervision (E)
Closing date for applications – Friday 20th September.