Buckinghamshire Mind shares national Mind’s vision: “We won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets both support and respect”, We deliver high quality community-based services across the county of Buckinghamshire to reach out and ensure everyone with a mental health problem gets access to the help they need.
Post Title: Training Services Lead (Maternity Cover)
anticipated start date August or Sept 2020
Salary: £26,000 per annum (FTE 37 hrs/week)
£15,600 per annum actual pro-rata (0.6 hrs FTE)
Hours of Work: 22.2 hrs (0.6FTE)
(flexibility of hours required during the week to accommodate training provision)
Location: Aylesbury or High Wycombe as base location, covering Buckinghamshire & East Berkshire. Home working is currently required, but face to face delivery maybe necessary in the future.
Be responsible for the high-quality delivery of existing Buckinghamshire Mind mental health and wellbeing training courses. Focus on implementing current courses with development as appropriate. Manage a network of consultant trainers external to Buckinghamshire Mind to deliver courses. The portfolio of courses will need to be marketed to a wide range of stakeholders, including local businesses, predominantly working from existing known interested stakeholders.
- Lead on the delivery of all of Buckinghamshire Mind’s training services to meet agreed business development targets and KPIs. Method of delivery to be dependent on client needs, including face to face and online sessions.
- Recruit targeted participants onto contractually agreed Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) and other training courses.
- Where required, source other external trainers to deliver courses and manage this network of contacts.
- Market courses to a wide audience. This should include working effectively with Communications colleagues.
- Drive the delivery (or facilitate delivery using external trainers) of Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Standard, Youth and Lite training to targeted organisations in line with agreed KPIs from funders.
- Keep statistical records of all training work undertaken and provide high quality reports as required.
- Set and evaluate outcomes for the work including self-assessment by users of the services and to ensure appropriate records are maintained.
- Working with key stakeholders, collate outputs, outcomes and measures of progress for evaluating the long and short-term impact of all Buckinghamshire Mind training services.
- Maintain a detailed calendar of events highlighting all courses and events contributing to the budgeted training target.
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure that invoices are issued and paid within agreed timeframes.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required and update line manager on a regular basis regarding status and development of training services.
- Keep up-to-date with research and developments regarding mental health and wellbeing and/or have a bearing on the work of Buckinghamshire Minds’ training provision.
- Provide accurate and pertinent information for the production of bids.
- Undertake such duties not included in the job description as are reasonably requested.
- Create a non-judgemental, positive and welcoming atmosphere within Buckinghamshire Mind training provision.
- To motivationally empower professionals to gain knowledge of mental health awareness and mental health first aid.
The person specification seeks to define a person most likely to be suited to the job of Buckinghamshire Mind Training Services Lead. Candidates are required to meet all the essential Conditions listed. E = essential criteria; D = desired criteria. Reference to both Conditions and Requirements in completing your application form will help in selecting candidates for interview.
- Supports the aims and work of Buckinghamshire Mind (E)
- Maintains strict confidentiality concerning all Buckinghamshire Mind matters (E)
Qualifications and experience
- 3 years’ relevant experience in training and / or mental health (E)
- Experience of delivering facilitation / training/ presentation (E)
- Relevant professional qualification in training and/or mental health (D)
- Experience of facilitating Mental Health training (D)
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) accredited training instructor (D)
- Experience of designing, developing & marketing new courses and is competent in client management (D)
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Understanding of equality and diversity principles. Is committed to working in an anti-oppressive way and striving to create equal opportunities for all people (E)
- Maintains confidentiality in line with Buckinghamshire Mind policy (E)
- Has knowledge of social and situational factors influencing people’s mental health and wellbeing (E)
- Has excellent communication skills, especially with people who experience/have experienced mental health issues (E)
- Can network and build sustainable working partnerships with other agencies (E)
- Can organize own workload and work without direct supervision (E)
- Can work within budgets and achieve tight deadlines and targets (E)
- Can devise, implement, monitor and evaluate project work and produce reports (E)
- Experience of aspects of bid writing (D)
- Can keep written records and data (E)
- Experience of online training delivery, including Teams and Zoom (D)
- Has access to own vehicle for business travel. (D)
Applications: Please send –
Cover letter and CV, (including: relevant skills and experience, locations and hours of work that you are available).
The short-listing panel make their decisions based on this information and no assumptions about your skills or experience will be made.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 9th July 2020.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 15th July 2020.
Buckinghamshire Mind is an Equal Opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Any offer made relating to this post will be subject to satisfactory references and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.