Buckinghamshire Mind works to support and represent people with mental health problems living across the county. We tackle stigma and discrimination head-on. We support our service-users to live safe, purposeful and fulfilled lives in our communities. We believe in their recovery and are hopeful about their future. Working together with national Mind we will not give up until everyone in our community gets the respect and help they need.
Volunteer Opportunity: Music Wellbeing Volunteer – Guitar Player (or similar)
Times: Tuesdays 3.00pm – 4.30pm
An enthusiastic guitar player (or similar) is sought to assist the wellbeing team to facilitate a musical and motivating service. Activities enable mentally unwell service users to achieve their wellness goals through the use of musical instruments and singing.
Activities may include:
• Involvement with musical opportunities with a focus on wellbeing and recovery in response to identified service user requests
• Playing musical instruments and singing to increase service users confidence, self esteem and desire to try new things.
• Maintain strict confidentiality concerning all Buckinghamshire Mind matters
• Follow Bucks Minds safeguarding policies and procedures at all times
• Support equality and diversity principles
• All volunteering opportunities require References and will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
If this volunteering opportunity is of interest to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org