Information and Options Workers
Information and Options Workers COVID-19 Update
In response to the current COVID-19 pandemic we at Buckinghamshire Mind are closely following the Government’s guidelines on health and safety measures regarding social distancing.
Our Information and Options Workers are continuing to provide remote support via phone calls and signposting to community based support services.
Our Information and Options Workers (IOW) are embedded in the Oxford Health Community Mental Health Team (CMHT), with one IOW working from the Whiteleaf Centre, Aylesbury, covering North Bucks and parts of Beds, Oxon and Herts, and the other working from the Valley Centre, High Wycombe, covering South Bucks and parts of Berks.
Our Information and Options Workers provide one-to-one support for service users within the CMHT, looking at what recovery means to them and how to support them on this journey. They work with people at all stages of their journey, from patients leaving a ward, to patients who are working towards being discharged from the CMHT.
Our Information and Options Workers support includes:
- 1:1 support to access community groups and activities
- 1:1 support to access exercise groups and gyms
- Exposure work – Supporting Service Users with anxiety to be able to leave their homes and gain back their freedom
- Support with Volunteering
- Signposting for employment support
- Signposting to community groups and activities
- Short term and medium-term support offered
All work is planned according to each person’s individual circumstances and needs, with referrals coming from inside the NHS CMHT, for patients with severe and enduring mental health problems. The first point for anyone experiencing any mental health problems should be your GP, who can then make a referral to the CMHT.