Friends in Need
Welcome to Friends in Need, East Berkshire (covering Windsor, Ascot and Maidenhead, Slough and Bracknell (over 18s). We are also really excited to be bringing peer support power to Buckinghamshire as we launch Friends in Need, Buckinghamshire in May.
We are a friendly peer support group who want to help you manage your depression and anxiety by inviting you to try our uplifting, fun and free of charge activities. Come and feel supported whilst having a chat and a cuppa with others who understand how you might be feeling.
To join our network or to find out more about our Friends in Need services in East Berks and Bucks, call Debbie on 07964 376 951 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand that you may feel apprehensive before meeting others in the group and we may be able to meet you individually for a chat beforehand: You will be asked to complete our Welcome form.
Some of our activities include:
- local walks, picnics and barbecues
- arts and crafts
- yoga, tai chi and Zumba with Sport in Mind
- a gardening project
- social evenings eg pub quizzes, games nights and meals out together
- mindfulness for deep relaxation
- gong baths
- guest speakers to help us in our journey to recovery
- monthly day trips to local attractions such as museums, historic buildings and temples
- photography walks
- Mind the Note (singing group)
- Learning how to use technology for our wellbeing with Discovery 3
We are looking forward to meeting you, welcoming you and hearing about any activities that you would like to see on our timetable.
You can view our timetables for East Berkshire by clicking on the buttons below:Bracknell – June 2018 Timetable Slough – June 2018 Timetable Windsor, Ascot and Maidenhead – June 2018 Timetable