Youth Mental Health First Aid
Our Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) two-day training is accredited by MHFA England and qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
This course is for anyone who works with, lives with or supports young people aged 8-18. We train the adults in a young person’s life to have the skills and confidence to step in, offer first aid and guide them towards the support they need. In doing so, they can speed up a young person’s recovery, stop issues from developing into a crisis, and ultimately save lives.
Youth MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
Youth Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills, such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after their own mental wellbeing
You will also get an up-to-date and comprehensive MHFA manual and a Mental Health First Aider certificate.
- Our instructors provide a safe, inclusive and supportive learning environment. No prior knowledge of mental health is necessary
To book your place, please contact:
Sophia Hobbs, Training Lead:
- T: 07496 100977
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org