Mental Health First Aid Training ADULTS
For more information about our upcoming training please contact:
Location: The Gateway Offices and Conference Centre, sited at the Aylesbury Vale District Council Offices, The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire HP19 8FF
Cost: £300 per person. Discounted rates for block bookings, please get in touch to find out more.
- 2nd and 3rd September 2019
Become a Mental Health First Aider
Buckinghamshire Mind is offering a two-day Adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training course which will teach you (and your organisation) how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
The Adult MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
You will also get an up to date comprehensive MHFA manual and a Mental Health First Aider certificate.
No prior knowledge of mental health is necessary.