Our Community Connectors service now covers the whole of East Berkshire.
Community Connectors are part of a multi-disciplinary team of mental health specialists. If you’re experiencing significant mental health problems that are impacting your life and wellbeing, we’re here to support you.
All of us are faced with ups, downs and difficult challenges. We understand that when you are struggling, you may be feeling unmotivated, overwhelmed and need some encouragement and support. As Community Connectors, we have expert knowledge of our local area and can work together with you to access the local support that you need right now.
This free service, delivered on behalf of Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, began in Windsor, Bracknell and some areas of Slough. We have recently expanded to cover the whole of Slough as well as Maidenhead and Ascot.
At your first appointment, we will discuss what is going on for you so we can understand your needs and will work with you to plan how we can help. This may include supporting you to access practical advice, guidance and, if required, connect you to other services or treatments in the community that can help you achieve your goals.
What kind of support is available?
- Information and guidance around emotional and physical wellbeing.
- More time to help make sense of difficulties.
- Practical support to access community resources.
- Brief interventions around ways of coping with stress and anxiety.
- Access to a mental health pharmacist from Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, to help with medication issues.
- Links to other mental health services and providers of therapy.
- Links to local services, charities and organisations, such as our Friends in Need peer support service, drug and alcohol services, housing, finance, Citizens Advice.
- Support with employment.
To access this service, you’ll need to be registered with a GP surgery in East Berkshire. For the full list of GP surgeries that work with our Community Connectors, please click the button below.