Anyone else missing the Great British Bake Off? Hands up here at Bucks Mind, so we feel like this is a great time to get our bake on, kick starting our very own Bake for Bucks Mind this April to June.
Everyone has different ways they choose to help manage their stress and overall mental health and wellbeing. Some of us run, some walk in nature, others create art, while some do yoga and meditation.
However, many of us like to hit the kitchen to focus our thoughts and calm our minds with culinary and baking skills.
The act of focusing on preparing ingredients, measuring, weighing, mixing, whisking and managing timings can ease the mind and body. After all, ‘food for the soul’ has real meaning behind it, especially when we can follow up this act with eating the yummy creations and sharing it with others, offering joy all round.
Combine your enjoyment for baking and while raising funds for your local mental health charity, Buckinghamshire Mind! How you do this is up to you, here are some ideas:
- Organise a team or neighbourhood bake sale
- Hold a school, office/work bake sale
- How about Easter, Maypole or Platinum Jubilee themed baking celebrations?
- Run your very own version of a ‘bake off’ amongst family and friends or amongst colleagues as a work team building (or competition) exercise
- Start networking baking sessions
Ask for sponsorships, entry fees, donations or simply invite your friends round and sell your baked goods over a chat.
For full information and how to get your sweet or savoury click here.