Do you know the difference between national Mind and a local Mind? Buckinghamshire Mind is a local Mind, so our services are unique to our area and we raise our own funds to deliver those services.
What is the Mind Federation?
We’re #YourLocalMind. We’re here to fight for mental health. For support. For respect. For anyone in Buckinghamshire and East Berkshire.
We’re part of a network of local Minds across England and Wales. We’re an independent charity and we raise our own funds. We have our own board of trustees, who are responsible for how we are run.
Being local, means we understand our community – so we provide services that people need locally. We’re proud to be part of the Mind family. We share knowledge and ideas. And nationally, Mind helps to support our work. Together we’re fighting for better mental health.
What local Minds do
Our mental health services help thousands of people each year. Being local means we understand our community – and we provide services that local people need.
We support people’s mental health in many different ways. We listen and give people time to speak about their concerns helping them find the right support.
For full information on our services, please visit https://www.bucksmind.org.uk/services/
There is so much more we can do. Help us to do more locally by making a donation, fundraising for us or volunteering.
Supporting #YourLocalMind means your donations directly support people in Buckinghamshire and East Berkshire.
Just some of the ways your contribution will make a difference:
- £5 could pay for craft materials for one of our wellbeing groups.
- £10 could pay for refreshments at a peer support group meeting.
- £50 could pay to train a volunteer to carry out a Befriender role.
- £100 could pay for supplies to support people at our out-of-hours crisis service.
- £200 could pay for mental health assemblies in two schools.
- £550 could pay for an assessment and 10 counselling sessions for a person in financial hardship.