Befriending Service 50+
We are looking for new referrals to this service:
- 50+ befriending aims to improve the quality of life for people with mild to moderate mental health problems who are over the age of 50. These people may be slightly anxious or depressed and at risk of becoming worse without intervention.
- It encourages, supports and enables these people to take part in activities with the intention of enabling a self-sustaining involvement from a wider social network.
- The primary aim is for the person to regain independence and prevent them becoming more unwell.
- Befriending partnerships are limited to 2-3 hours a week for 2-6 months.
- Clients will be either in receipt of no services or of a very low level of support.
- Clients should be able to mobilise independently and have a desire to access groups or activities
If the (50+) person referred has a long and enduring mental health problem or form of dementia, they may be under the care of a team and hence not eligible for the service.
We have a number of new volunteers who are looking to befriend people from September onwards so we are welcoming new referrals for people who would benefit from this intervention.
Please email referral forms to email@example.com or phone 01494 792244 for more information.