Time to Change Buckinghamshire
Time to Change is a growing movement of people changing how we all think and act about mental health problems.
Time to Change Buckinghamshire is a partnership of local organisations and people who are committed to ending mental health stigma and discrimination. The Buckinghamshire partnership was established in April 2018 and is hosted by the Buckinghamshire Health and Wellbeing Board with Buckinghamshire County Council and Buckinghamshire Mind.
Come along to our information event – 26 July, High Wycombe Library
Time to Change Buckinghamshire is running an information event at on 26 July between 5pm and 7pm. Pop in and talk to us about how you could get involved and make a difference to how people think and act about mental health problems in Buckinghamshire.
Social Contact Training for Bucks Time to Change Champions
Date: 26th July 2018
Where: High Wycombe Library, 5 Eden Place, High Wycombe, HP11 2DH
If you are a registered Time to Change Champion, then this training is for you.
Increase your skills, knowledge and confidence in starting a conversation with the general public at an event or activity, or with your friends, family and colleagues.
By the end of the session you will have:
- An understanding of what social contact is and where to find relevant resources.
- Been given tips on using aspects of an event or activity to start conversations with the public.
- An introduction to challenging stereotypes and stigma you may encounter.
- An introduction to different strategies to start, end and record conversations.
- Identified some ways of keeping yourself safe while undertaking social contact.
Places are limited, so please go to https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/social-contact-training-for-bucks-time-to-change-champions-tickets-47947003779 to register your free place.
This training is for registered Time to Change Champions. If you are not already a registered Champion but would like to get involved, please visit https://www.time-to-change.org.uk/champions to register.