Home / Bucks Mind Guide Directory / Wycombe District Council – Housing Options Team

Housing Options Team – Our housing options team can provide help and advice if you think you may be at risk of losing your home. We will, wherever possible, try to help you remain in your home or, if necessary, help you find alternative accommodation. The type of help offered will depend on your household’s circumstances. You will be threatened with homelessness if you are going to lose the right to stay in your home within 28 days. We will work with you to find somewhere to live regardless of your circumstances; however, we only have a duty to those who are deemed to have a priority need. 2. Sleeping Rough – Alternatively, if you find yourself sleeping rough on the streets of Wycombe District Council or our neighbouring district within Buckinghamshire County, or see anyone else doing so, please contact the connection outreach service. The connection outreach service will aim to visit you at your rough sleeping site as soon as possible. They aim to complete an assessment of your needs as well as providing the most appropriate support to ensure you will be able to build a better future beyond a street life. 3. Low Income and Benefits – If you have a low income or are claiming benefits you may be able to get help from the council with paying your rent. A rent officer will check a reasonable amount of rent is being charged for accommodation a housing benefit claimant wishes to move into. If the rent is thought to be too high, housing benefit may not cover all the rent and you may have to pay the extra rent yourself.

Click here to submit corrections to this service entry

Email: [email protected]
Email 2: [email protected]
Location: High Wycombe
Telephone: 01494 421 212 (between 8.45am to 5.15pm Monday to Thursday and 8.45am to 4.45pm on a Friday) / 0800 999 7677 (emergency out of hours)
Telephone 2: 07793 834871
Telephone 3: 01494 412 227
Sex: All
Referral: No-Referral
Associated Categories: Accommodation Advice and Information Benefit Advice Bucks County Council Services Debt Advice Eviction Housing Needs Mental Health Services Residential Care Temporary Accommodation
Translate »