There’s a lot in the media this time of year about New Year’s resolutions and making changes to our lives, which can put us under a lot of pressure. But what’s really important is to focus on the things that make us happy.
This can be simple things like going for a walk, playing with our children, reading a book or snuggling up with a hot drink. Making healthy choices that look after our wellbeing doesn’t have to mean spending a lot of time and money or giving up the things we love.
There are lots of things we can try to take care of our wellbeing. Such as:
- Relax and reduce stress
- Find ways to learn and be creative
- Spend time in nature
- Connect with others
- Look after your physical health
- Try to get enough sleep
Mind has lots of practical tips for everyday living, please click below for more details.
Some of us maybe feeling worried about the year ahead and some of us may find the start of a new year exciting. Whatever you’re feeling, it’s OK to feel that way.
If you’re struggling, reach out for help:
- Talk to a friend or family member.
- Get in touch with Bucks Mind on 01494 463364 or email [email protected]
- Call our Safe Haven out-of-hours service. Click on the button below for more details.
- Call the Samaritans on 116 123 (calls are free to this number).
However you’re feeling about 2023, Buckinghamshire Mind would like to wish you all a Happy New Year.